Essay : Stress Management
[Points: What is stress? – It’s effects - signs of stress - how to overcome stress]
Stress has become an inescapable part of today's world. People are facing stress everywhere, whether it is their homes, offices or even while driving on the road. The world has become a very stressful place. In many cases it is because there are genuine reasons for stress and in some cases it is because people do not know how to cope with stress. Stress is nothing but the incapability of the human mind to cope with the physical and imagined threats that it has to encounter on a daily basis.
Stress can lead to all sorts of mental and physical illnesses. Stress management is the only way by which stress can be coped with. The main signs of stress could be fear, pain, anger, fatigue emotional arousal, humiliation, frustration, loss of concentration, non-occurrence of an expected event, occurrence of an unexpected event, death/separation of a loved one etc.
Clearly, to enjoy life it is nowadays absolutely vital that all of us develop the following skills that will give us the ability to control our responses to stress.
Here are some important tips for stress management:
• Do only one thing at a time. This is the simplest and best way to start your day. Focus as much as possible on doing one thing at a time.
• A hectic schedule is also one of the major causes of stress so simplify your schedule by reducing the number of commitments in your life just to the essential ones and get some room for fun and family.
• Do some activities like walk, hike, play a sport, go for a run, hit the gym etc. This will give you positive energy and physical fitness to fight with stress.
• Finance is one of the main drains of your energy and source of stress in your life. Spend less by shopping less and find ways to have fun that don't involve spending money.
• Be creative in the field you like most. Throwing yourself into a creative activity is a great way to reduce stress.
• Do time management and be early in works you do in your routine. Things always take much time then expectation so schedule some buffer time to reduce stress and enjoy the work.
Really in this modern world where over 80% people are having some or other problems and that problems lead them to stress we have to be very careful about ourselves and be stress free by applying stress management techniques in our life.